Engineering Project Manager - AIM (Asset Investment Manager)
New York, NY
Posted May 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 91035
Bloomberg is seeking a Project Manager to drive technology projects within AIM Engineering. AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. AIM is used by more than 14,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 800 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
We’ll trust you to ensure detailed planning and processes that support the delivery of new functionality while maintaining the reliability and speed our products expect. You will have an opportunity to plan every major effort and drive the progress of every initiative.
- Plan major projects which span multiple development teams.
- Working closely with Product and Engineering to define acceptance criteria.
- Document issues/risks, manage dependencies across teams and facilitate communication and timely resolution to keep projects on track.
- Bring a sense of ownership for the delivery of projects.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Work with leaders within the group to map out product roadmaps and facilitate quarterly and yearly planning & progress tracking.
- Navigate and execute in a fast paced environment and be able to lead teams to successful delivery of solutions
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ Years of Experience managing multiple projects, working with multiple teams and businesses.
- Strong time management skills, ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities.
- Understanding of technology with ability to communicate to both engineers and non-engineers without losing critical details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution.
- Ability to participate and facilitate agile ceremonies (such as scrum of scrum, retrospective) to contribute to implement corrective actions and improve effectiveness.
- Analytical mindset, goal oriented, self motivated and able to work independently in a cross-functional environment.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with SAFe & Scrum agile methodologies.
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking.
- Talent creating detailed presentations to share the status of many projects with a highly engaged executive audience.
- Experience or understanding of the building and testing of software applications.
- Ability to adapt to different contexts, remain flexible and calm under pressure, be a positive influence over peers
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.