Engineering Team Lead - Bloomberg.com Media Ads
New York, NY
Posted May 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 116394
Welcome to Bloomberg Media, where we are dedicated to bringing the latest breaking news, expert opinions, and market data to global business leaders. With over 65 million unique visitors each month, our flagship website, bloomberg.com, is the go-to destination for those looking to stay ahead of the curve. As one of the top 10 most visited financial and news sites on the internet, we take pride in delivering top-quality content that our audience can trust. Our Ads business is a nine-figure revenue generator, making us one of the most successful players in the industry. Join us in our mission to revolutionize the way people consume news and information!
Bloomberg Media is looking for a dedicated and experienced Team Leader/Manager to lead a team of web developers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for modern web development with a focus on Advertising and AdTech. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the Ads business across Bloomberg, working collaboratively with a range of talented teams, including Product, Design, Editorial, Ad Sales & Operations, and other Engineering. Your work will help us maintain our status as a best-in-class publisher with a highly desirable audience, delivering innovative products that set us apart from the competition.
What’s in it for you:
Join our team and use your passion for modern web development and data science to make a real impact! As a Team Leader/Manager, you will work with ground breaking open-source technologies like NextJS, Node.js, and React. You will also have the opportunity to work with public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, and use edge processing using Kubernetes and multi-CDNs setup to efficiently run our platform. With your expertise, you will play a pivotal role in designing, architecting, and scaling the applications that deliver high-fidelity Ads to our valued users.
Data science is a rapidly growing field that is essential for businesses that want to make informed decisions based on data. As a Team Leader/Manager, you will be responsible for using data science to improve the performance of our advertising platform.
We'll trust you to:
- Guide and support a team of versatile software engineers in achieving their career objectives
- Participate in technical discussions and provide insights on system design, code reviews, and other relevant areas as required by the team
- Work collaboratively with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, and agile team
- Work with cloud engineers to deploy and manage our web applications on public cloud infrastructure
- Oversee the strategic planning, effective execution, and successful completion of complex technical projects
- Assess and analyze the potential benefits of new and emerging web technologies
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience working with modern frontend technologies like Node.js, React, Vue.js, and Typescript
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing and coaching technical teams, and influencing third party technology strategy
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field of study, or equivalent years of work experience
- A detailed understanding of Ad measurement and its workings, including viewability, engagement rates, IVT, and CTR.
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with consent management platforms (CMPs) to align with data privacy regulations
- A passion for driving revenue through innovative marketing strategies and partnering with commercial teams
- A keen eye for Ad innovation and a strong understanding of industry trends
- Experience with the web performance challenges involved in delivering content and Ads to a global audience
- Contributions to open-source web projects or JS libraries
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 200,000 - 300,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus