You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a pretty daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications platform.
Nearly 1,000 organizations use Bloomberg Vault to manage, archive, and search a broad range of enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects.
Our Vault cloud platform is engineered from the ground up on top of highly reliable Apache Mesos and the entire Hadoop ecosystem as the leading standard in big data. We run open source technologies Kafka, Zookeeper, Storm, Accumulo, and Spark as framework services that Vault software engineering teams uses to build systems and applications that handles very large throughput of client enterprise data both in batch and real-time. This is the team for you if you are passionate about operating the most stable systems with massive scale requirements of ever growing Enterprise data in the Financial world.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as a hand on technical leader working alongside the team
- Drive the standard for software development life cycle to achieve maximal quality in all aspects from coding practices, unit/integration testing, and deployments
- Execute Vault Platform's roadmap as a steady stream of incremental deliverables with your agile team environment
- Constantly engage the engineering stakeholders of the Platform to ensure usability and evolve its technology stack based on their project needs
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years experience managing engineering teams responsible for large scale production systems
- Demonstrated strong system architecture skills and experience ensuring operational quality at scale
- Programming experience using Python, Java, Scala, or Go and understanding of the industry best practices SDLC
- A keen interest in keeping up to date with technological advances in open source world and shown success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
We'd love to see:
- Development experience with large scale data processing frameworks, either real-time or batch, such as Spark, Storm, and NoSql store like Cassandra, HBase, Accumulo, etc
- Knowledge of Apache Mesos as fault tolerant execution platform and its ecosystem of Marathon, Chronos, Aurora
- Experience deploying Docker containers and underlying orchestration systems e.g. Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience managing or operating public, private, or hybrid platform as a service (PaaS) for large-scale production deployment with substantial user base