Full Stack Software Engineer - Enterprise Console (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 30, 2020 - Requisition No. 80894
At the heart of our business, we are connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time-sensitive back end systems.
That is where we come in. The Enterprise Console group is responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor, alert on various resources, provided as part of our Enterprise Integration suite. We provide this set of functionality through our web application (https://console.bloomberg.com). It is pivotal that we provide our clients with a consistent experience as they are navigating through the different parts of the application as well as the easiest way for them to tackle issues.
We have formed a team with a good mix of engineers with experience in different areas and parts of our stack which is built to the latest industry standards with open source technologies. We are currently seeking motivated Web Front-end and Full Stack Engineers who can help us deliver on some key business initiatives in the short term while also helping to design a better system over the long term.
You'll need to have:
- Proficiency in Java, Scala or other web backend language
- Experience working with high volume consumer facing Web applications
We'd love to see:
- Industry experience with either Angular 2+, React
- Proficiency in SCSS
- Experience with testing tools such as Protractor, Karma, WebPack, Serenity
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- A keen interest in technological advances and the ability to incorporate new technology into existing systems