Enterprise Content, Head of Research & ESG Data
Posted Jun 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 104711
Enterprise Data at Bloomberg
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business has developed a strong reputation for delivery, execution and client partnership where we aim to provide best-in-class data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use our Enterprise Content and market data with confidence across their enterprise using both our Enterprise Data License and Real Time offering.
Our value proposition includes the most comprehensive, complete and high-quality Enterprise Content across all asset classes and regions. This mission critical content serves as the primary source of information to satisfy even the most complex use cases and workflows across leading sell-side and buy-side firms globally as well global fund administrators and custodians.
Research & ESG Data Business
This business is a core part of Enterprise Content and key to our growth plans over the next 3-5 years. It is also at the cutting edge of two global themes that represent a large challenge, investment of resource and opportunity for our clients.
Research Data represents an investment and risk management opportunity across many of the largest and most sophisticated buy side clients including but not limited to Equity Quantitative Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Risk Managers and Equity Fundamental Research Analysts.
As the world moves to a greener economy, more responsible investing, net-neutrality and to satisfy the many regulatory disclosure requirements for market participants the demand for high-quality, complete, reliable and best-in-class ESG & Climate Risk Data continue to expand and grow globally. We are a trusted partner on this journey alongside our clients.
We are looking for a proven leader that is ambitious and ready for their next challenge to build a market leading business in this space and be a go-to-partner for our clients that have come to expect the best in enterprise content, delivery, service and overall value from Bloomberg and our Enterprise Data business.
Continue to enhance and expand on our existing offering by working closely with our clients to understand their most pressing challenges and build solutions that address these challenges by defining the business requirements and working with multiple stakeholders across sales, engineering and our platform to deliver both feature enhancements and entirely new data products.
We need the successful candidate to manage and continue to build a team of high performers that are able to work across multiple stakeholders to scope, define and execute on a well-defined and ambitious roadmap.
- 3-5 years of experience leading a team where career development, accountability and business outcomes were a priority and consistently achieved
- Strong background building client enterprise products, data and workflow solutions
- Deep understanding of both the sell-side and buy-side as well as how they consume, use and extract value from their proprietary, client and 3rd party vendor data
- Ability to quickly develop subject matter expertise around company fundamentals data, as well other more non-traditional yet high-value datasets like for example company supply chain, geolocation and various alternative datasets as well the many clients uses-cases for this data
- Understand and be passionate about the fast-paced and quickly evolving space of ESG & Climate Risk priorities, demands, challenges and global regulations as well as C-suite commitments driving resource allocation that will allow our clients to deliver on their commitments and priorities through data
- Experience working with engineering, platform design and service delivery teams
- Track record of working with and collaborating across multiple functions and stakeholders where, getting things to done is a priority for all stakeholders
- Strong technical skills with an ability to understand complex client problems, technology, product development and financial products
- Execution and delivery focused with an ability to prioritize across competing priorities and stakeholders and maximize the use of finite resources
- Outcome focused where outcomes are clearly defined and success metrics and KPI’s are clear and measurable
- Strong communicator that is able to distill complex topics into easy-to-understand narratives that multiple stakeholders including sales and clients can easily understand
- Strong collaborator and team player that is able to challenge themselves and those around them to achieve more
Ideally you will have
- Experience working in agile
- Proficient in working with large datasets and data science techniques and tools such as Python, R, cloud computing, SQL preferred