What’s the role?
Risk is a fact of life for business. Risk cannot be avoided but can be managed and mitigated. That's where Bloomberg's Enterprise Controls Assurance team comes in. Our newly formed group will provide you a highly visible opportunity to influence change. We look at our processes, policies, systems, and controls with a fresh eye and play a meaningful role in helping our internal clients identify and reduce risk. Our team helps minimize and handle risk effectively through developing, maintaining, and overseeing a risk-based approach to independently identify, assess, and monitor controls across the enteprise.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help establish the controls assurance program
- Collaborate with various departments that provide firm-wide support (e.g., Engineering, Human Resources, Vendor Risk Management, Information Security, etc.) to identify key risks and expected controls across each of their domains
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to adapt industry standards and frameworks to Bloomberg’s unique culture and business models
- Build and maintain the enterprise controls catalog
- Assess, through inspection, observation, or re-performance, whether expected controls are designed and implemented effectively
- Provide guidance and counsel on remedial activities to close control gaps and lower the firm’s overall risks
- Partner with our Bloomberg Risk Management (BRM) team to build risk profiles
- Provide periodic updates and status to senior management across the firm.
- Manage relationships with key partners – promoting a risk culture embedded in non-risk functions
- Develop Key Control Indicators for ongoing, real-time monitoring of controls
- Help to automate and evolve the program for continuous improvement
You'll need to be able to:
- 8+ years of experience in risk management, audit, or information technology
- BS in Finance, Information Systems, or related discipline
- In-depth understanding of industry standard methodologies, financial regulations (e.g. Reg SCI, Reg SST, MiFID v2, etc.), control frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, COBIT, COSO, ITIL, ISO, etc.)
- Strong understanding of internal controls and how they influence risk measurement
- Experience with Archer GRC solutions
- Strong leadership skills to guide organizational change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with individuals of all levels and competencies (senior management, engineers, product managers, etc.)
We'd love to see:
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CRISC, CISM, CISA, CISSP, etc.) are a plus
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we believe you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg" www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status