Enterprise Data - BVAL Evaluator
New York, NY
Posted Jul 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 92744
Bloomberg's evaluated pricing service, BVAL, provides increased transparency through accurate pricing of fixed income and derivatives instruments. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
The BVAL Evaluators are capital markets experts responsible for employing relevant, innovative, and leading-edge valuation models that use Bloomberg's in-house analytics to provide high-quality data for the front, middle office and operations. We are seeking a motivated person with advanced technical skills to join the Municipal Securities team to help advance the BVAL offering, provide accurate pricing, and excellent service to BVAL clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Have a strong desire to learn the Municipal Bond and Fixed Income markets
- Ability to think logically about sophisticated models and leverage data science to perform analytics.
- Communicate effectively with the team
- Design and support valuation models and systems to provide clients with evaluated prices for Municipal Securities
- Work closely with other BVAL team members, business development, and R&D to enhance and maintain BVAL pricing models
- Assist clients who use BVAL prices for NAV, P&L and/or risk analytic purposes
- Partner with sales in presenting the BVAL service to our clients
- Discuss complex valuation models and pricing questions with colleagues and clients
You’ll need to have:
- Advanced technical skills such as C++, R, Matlab, VBA, Python, and Tableau etc.
- Superb Excel skills, including the ability to efficiently perform statistical analysis and work with large data sets to help design and support BVAL’s valuation models
- Great attention detail with the ability to build intuitive data visualizations to communicate information
- Experience articulating analysis in a clear and concise manner with internal and external constituents
- Strong technical abilities with demonstrated experience learning and navigating complex systems, including databases and analytical models
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Municipal Securities knowledge
- Experience with applying data science to business problem solving, report prototyping, and generate insights.
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal
- Direct or indirect experience working with engineers in a time-sensitive environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.