Enterprise Data - BVAL Mortgage Evaluator - Securitized Products
New York, NY
Posted Dec 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 72667
Bloomberg's evaluated pricing service, BVAL, provides increased transparency through accurate pricing of fixed income and derivatives instruments. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
The BVAL Evaluators are capital markets experts responsible for employing relevant, innovative, and leading-edge valuation models that use Bloomberg's in-house analytics to provide high-quality data for the front, middle office and operations.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and support valuation models and systems to provide clients with evaluated prices for Securitized Products such as Non-Agency RMBS, CMBS and ABS securities.
- Work closely with other BVAL team members, business development, and R&D to enhance and maintain BVAL pricing models
- Assist clients who use BVAL prices for NAV, P&L and/or risk analytic purposes
- Partner with sales in presenting the BVAL service to our clients
- Discuss complex valuation models and pricing questions with colleagues and clients
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of five years of market experience in Securitized Products from a trading, portfolio management, securities valuations or research background
- Strong technical abilities with demonstrated experience learning and navigating complex systems, including databases and analytical models
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including experience in data modeling
- Strong knowledge of bond structures, market drivers, fixed income analytics, and pricing approaches
- Ability to articulate complex valuation models in a clear and concise manner with internal and external constituents
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience trading or investing Securitized Products
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal
- Advanced technical skills such as VBA and/or Python
- Direct or indirect experience working with developers in a time-sensitive environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.