Enterprise Data - Data Management - Sales Rep
New York, NY
Posted Jun 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 91589
Enterprise DMS is part of Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1B business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique business while focusing on specific data and technology needs.
Bloomberg DMS has a mission to "Simplify Data Management". DMS provides a managed service that provides improvements in Data Quality, Operational Process and Control, and Data Governance. Firms that contribute to utilizing DMS can eliminate data inconsistencies inherent in working with multiple vendors and lower overall costs, providing these firms with a strategic advantage.
What's the role?
Data Management Services Sales in the Americas. You will be part of a growing business within a division that has achieved double-digit sales growth year over year! You will be responsible for the entire suite of Data Management Solutions, including Index Data Management, Price Master and Security Master Utilities. You will work directly with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs so that you can provide consultative solutions that address their data management needs and solidify us as a trusted business partner.
You'll bring with you a deep understanding of data management around a financial organization, across asset managers, hedge funds and sellside institutions. You will demonstrate how data management solutions delivered by managed services can help lower TCO and maximize ROI. Get ready to showcase the credibility you have achieved through a confirmed competency and knowledge of enterprise selling across financial firms. You are well versed in forming trusted relationships with C-level executives, experienced in long selling cycles and can confidently articulate how technology solutions can help achieve business goals.
We’ll trust you to
- Drive annual sales and revenue targets for a defined territory
- Be able to work in a collaborative selling environment while maximizing the resources available to help you sell
- Build and execute on sales strategies while collaborating with internal sales and account management groups as required
- Assist Enterprise Sales members across the organization on learning how to identify data management sales opportunities
- Effectively build a sales pipeline and accurately handle forecasts throughout the sales cycle
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate technical and client service resources where necessary
- Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and on-site visits
- Maintain strong industry and product knowledge of the full data management suite of solutions, its integration points with other Bloomberg products and competitor/3rd party offerings
- Acquire knowledge of customer technology stacks, workflows and internal structure
- Demonstrate your knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions and deliver on revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals
You'll need to have:
- Experience in enterprise solutions selling, preferably with enterprise technology or enterprise data management solutions in the financial market sector
- Strong track record in consultative selling
- Proven ability in accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Skilled in establishing, developing and maintaining key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships at CxO levels
- Familiarity with enterprise data management systems is desirable
- Willingness for regular business travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.