Enterprise Data - Desktop Build Group Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Nov 18, 2020 - Requisition No. 87283
In the Desktop Build Group, we provide global desktop solutions that strategically impact revenue. What we do helps retain and increase our client base. We learn from our successes and use this to influence our terminal offering as well as increase customer workflow awareness across departments.
As a Team Leader you will be based in New York and will responsible for leading a high performing team of Excel/VBA specialists and Python developers. You will work closely with internal stakeholders including sales and business managers as well as Engineering, to drive business initiatives.
With your strong knowledge of Excel/VBA and understanding of the data and analytical needs of various players in the financial markets, you will provide guidance and support to your team members to build robust Excel solutions that help drive the business forward.
You will also be responsible to strategically increase our quanta-mental community around our B-Quant product and be actively involved in B-Quant related Sales initiatives. Your drive and assertiveness will play a key role in shaping the culture of the team by recruiting, motivating and developing your team members.
We'll trust you to:
- Liaise with the Bloomberg Sales teams to understand priorities and drive Sales initiatives
- Assist business managers with building prototypes in response to clients' needs
- Meet deadlines, logically tackle problems (analytical and technical) and set priorities
- Create a strong team-building, mentoring and leadership environment within the team
You need to have:
- Solid knowledge of financial markets
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Experience working in client facing role
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Experience in mentoring or leadership
- A desire to travel occasionally to meet clients when required
We'd love to see:
- Experience in creating and executing sales initiatives
- Pipeline management experience
- Cross asset knowledge (Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities)
- Python knowledge
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.