Enterprise Data - Head of Risk and Investment Data Analytics
New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 74936
Bloomberg Enterprise Data
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data continues to be a market leader and the enterprise data provider of choice for the financial services industry. Our offering includes market leading data, analytics and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology and high touch client service model.
Bloomberg Risk & Investment Data Analytics (RIA)
We continue to lead through innovation and a best-in-class product that services client demand for data driven solutions and analytics to some of the toughest questions and problems facing our client base today.
Currently the RIA business includes our award winning Liquidity Assessment Tool (LQA) that affords our clients the ability to manage market liquidity across multiple asset classes for a single security, or portfolio of securities, for a variety of reasons including regulatory reporting, risk management and pre and post-trade analysis. Our liquidity product offers a full trade lifecycle and workflow solution allowing clients to seamlessly embed our data driven outputs and liquidity metrics within their own enterprise workflow across multiple functions and areas.
Using the same data driven approach the team has gone beyond liquidity risk and now provides clients with an Early Alerts (EA) product that uses our rich data and machine learning expertise to help identify fixed income securities that have a high likelihood to move (higher or lower) over multiple time horizons. This has applicability across risk management, trading (execution) and portfolio management.
Through innovation and a deep understanding of our client workflow and their challenges around risk management, business support (middle and back office) and trading we intend expanding this offering with the intention to further drive and enhance our suite of client solutions to complex client problems.
Manage and drive continued business growth by articulating a clear and comprehensive business strategy, goals and targeted outcomes that drive client adoption and usage across existing products as well as innovating around new products based on client demands and challenges.
The successful candidate is expected to manage a team of highly motivated professionals across the US and Europe. A high work ethic combined with the ability to define excellence and expectations while providing real time and period feedback on performance across product managers will be a key factor in determining success.
Working with our global sales organization to better understand our client challenges, identify and incubate new and innovative risk and investment products where the need for a data driven solution is core to the solution will be important.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide effective leadership, a strong work ethic and a level of competence, integrity and professionalism that allows us to attract and retain the best talent across the business
- Articulate, develop and implement an overall product vision and strategy with an ability to prioritize key deliverables across multiple strategic initiatives
- Liaise and collaborate across multiple internal stakeholders to innovate around product enhancements and new product solutions including a go-to-market strategy to satisfy increased client demand for data driven analytics and risk and trading solutions.
- Bring strong quantitative skills, financial product knowledge, understanding of market structure, trader and risk workflow, trade life-cycle, risk metrics/frameworks across multiple parts of the firm, portfolio management and risk and pricing tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with many stakeholders across multiple product, engineering, sales and quant groups is extremely important as well as the ability to articulate a clear and well defined business plan and strategy to management.
- Articulate client and business requirements that lead to well defined product specifications and charters that drive delivery, reduce redundancy and friction and clearly define successful outcomes as we continue to expand the product offering.
- Define key performance metrics around people and products to promote accountability and focus.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of management experience where defining product strategy, vision, outcomes and metrics for success as well as managing a team of highly motivated people and their career progression were a key part of the role.
- 10+ years of senior financial services experience across financial markets, risk management, trading/trading systems, data and technology and a track record of product delivery and innovation.
- Strong financial products knowledge ideally within a quantitative capacity with involvement in risk and pricing models including feature and model enhancements, model validation and working with large quantities of data.
- Experience working with engineering/technology and a track record of delivery and execution around product and content specifications, development and ultimate client delivery
- Experience working with large sales organizations where product success was dependent on working with sales to uncover client challenges, product opportunities, product development, go-to-market on new and enhanced products and driving new sales, usage and revenue.
- Excellent presentation and communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to present to management, build internal networks and client relationships across and outside of the firm.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to focus on product prioritization, execution and client delivery
- Strong technology, infrastructure, computing and programing (coding) skills, preferably Python, Java, C++