Enterprise Data - Technical Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jul 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 92676
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Data?
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data department develops data offerings that are considered best in class by the capital markets community. Across real time market data, reference data, historical pricing data, and unique analytics we deliver:
- The most Comprehensive and Highest quality content in the industry
- Distribution that is flexible, reliable, fast, and easy to onboard
- Easy to use data that is ready for analysis
These mission critical datasets serve as the primary source of information across the front, middle, and back office at the most respected capital markets firms across the globe.
What's the Role?
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Product Manager with a strong background in data distribution technology. This should include actively participating in aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (requirements, design, development, architecture) for creating a business-critical data-centric Platform. The role will focus on continuously improving our data distribution platform to meet the needs of today’s highly distributed enterprise applications, which consume and analyze large volumes of data, both on-prem and in the cloud.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing strategies and working with engineering teams to deliver high-performance solutions that can extend our market leading position in flexible distribution. Specific technology components include API’s, messaging middleware, tools for monitoring system health, controlling access to content, and cloud. Key non-functional requirements for these components include reliability, scalability, high performance, and ease of use.
You are a strategic thinker that seeks opportunities to get their hands dirty, have a passion for data, and believe that usability should apply to API’s, CLI’s, and tools for technologists just as much as web-based GUI’s.
We'll Trust you to:
- Lead the delivery of new products and features that will be used by top capital markets firms
- Work alongside product management colleagues and engineers to define scope and solve highly complex problems in an agile environment
- Develop user stories and requirements that will lead to new products, new product features, or improve existing products
- Manage the delivery roadmap for your product area and evaluate strategy based on market trends and customer demand
- Represent Bloomberg to our customers, prospects, and vendor partners
- Communicate solutions and roadmaps via written collateral, meetings, and presentations
- Work with sales and client services teams, globally, to best position and support our solutions
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading technology focused initiatives in the Financial Information industry
- Understanding of one or more of the following: API’s, service-oriented technology architectures, distribution platform, architecting for the web, or designing solutions for the cloud
- Some understanding of the financial markets and different needs of buy and sell side when dealing with systems and services that support the trade lifecycle. (e.g. trading and risk systems)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable to work in a non-hierarchical, large global organization where interaction with senior management is required
- Ability to assess the value add of an academically sound technical solution vs. a need to release commercial offerings in a timely fashion
We’d love to see:
- Previous real-world coding experience in Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Node JS a plus
- Experience delivering commercial applications in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of using Agile and Kanban methodologies
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.