Enterprise Data -Risk & Investment Data Analytics Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 81956
Bloomberg Enterprise Data
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data continues to be a market leader and the enterprise data provider of choice for the financial services industry. Our offering includes market leading data, analytics and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology and high touch client service model.
Bloomberg Risk & Investment Data Analytics (RIA)
We continue to lead through innovation and a best-in-class product that services client demand for data driven solutions and analytics to some of the toughest questions and problems facing our client base today.
Currently the RIA business includes our award winning Liquidity Assessment Tool (LQA) that affords our clients the ability to manage market liquidity across multiple asset classes for a single security, or portfolio of securities, for a variety of reasons including regulatory reporting, risk management and pre and post-trade analysis. Our liquidity product offers a full trade lifecycle and workflow solution allowing clients to seamlessly embed our data driven outputs and liquidity metrics within their own enterprise workflow across multiple functions and areas.
Using the same data driven approach the team has gone beyond liquidity risk and now provides clients with an Early Alerts (EA) product that uses our rich data and machine learning expertise to help identify fixed income securities that have a high likelihood to move (higher or lower) over multiple time horizons. This has applicability across risk management, trading (execution) and portfolio management.
Through innovation and a deep understanding of our client workflow and their challenges around risk management, business support (middle and back office) and trading we intend expanding this offering with the intention to further drive and enhance our suite of client solutions to complex client problems.
As a Product Manager, you will join a highly motivated and successful team where you will focus on the development of powerful risk and investment analytics for our clients. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of new enterprise data products and enhanced functionality starting with market analysis and prototyping with clients, then managing the technical implementation with engineering and quant teams, and finally driving client adoption with the sales and marketing teams.
You’ll adapt your communication style according to your audience and be equally adept at collaborating with technical engineering and quant teams, as well as, presenting to clients and soliciting feedback.
You’ll also have excellent interpersonal skills as they are essential in order to effectively collaborate with other internal teams, and engage with clients. We need someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to innovate and advocate for change then deliver on those proposals. We’ll expect you to influence the product vision, and then execute on that vision in an Agile environment.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have a strong knowledge of best practices in financial risk management as to the Buy-side or Sell-Side, quantitative financial modelling, understanding of risk analytics, trends in the regulatory space and what our customers need from an analytics and data perspective.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation, and product vision for the suite of Risk & Investment Analytics product offerings
- Drive the development and market acceptance of Bloomberg as the standard for risk and investment analytics
- Understand client workflows and challenges, and identify their needs for new data and analytics
- Develop product specifications and prototypes
- Work closely with Engineering and Quant teams to enhance our existing products, deliver new product offerings, and integrate with other Bloomberg products to extend client adoption
- Manage the product backlog, and prioritization process
- Clearly communicate with the product stakeholders the product vision and collaborate to define new ways to integrate our products in our customer workflows
- Write white papers that answer detailed model validation and quant questions, and create high-level fact sheets that simply explain complex models to our clients’ senior management
You’ll need to have:
- A strong academic background in an analytical and technical degree including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- Hands on technical product experience in finance industry
- A working knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives in all major liquid asset classes and good knowledge of Bloomberg Data
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis, time series analysis, data mining, quantitative financial modeling
- Strong marketing skills with a point of view on product positioning and product adoption strategy
- Strong financial products knowledge ideally within a quantitative capacity with involvement in risk and pricing models including feature and model enhancements, model validation and working with large quantities of data.
- Experience working with engineering/technology and a track record of delivery and execution around product and content specifications, development and ultimate client delivery
- Excellent presentation and communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to present to management, build internal networks and client relationships across and outside of the firm.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to focus on product prioritization, execution and client delivery
- Strong technology, infrastructure, computing and programing (coding) skills, preferably Python, Java, C++
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.