Enterprise Data Metadata Business Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jun 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 91544
Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) is experiencing a prolonged period of unprecedented growth. Our Data and Technology solutions focus upon the acquisition, organization and distribution of data around financial firms.
Bloomberg Data Dictionary Team:
In this role you will be working as part of the Bloomberg Data Dictionary team. We are in midst of taking our metadata models to the next level using graph technologies. The goal is to enhance existing models such that clients and internal applications can easily find and ingest Bloomberg data.
We wish to improve the quality of our metadata by hiring a metadata analyst, who is familiar with working with large structured data models and data sets to solve complex business demands.
In this exciting role we expect you to understand existing and new data content. You will identify issues with current metadata, and implement methods/processes to improve it.
This person will have a high level of business, communication, and organization skills, so that they can work effectively with multiple internal stakeholders including Product, Engineering and Global Data. You will present the output of your data models to business users (both non-technical and technical).
What’s in it for you:
- A business role within a fast growing area
- Broad scope to understand and specify meta-model for a leading company
- Use new technologies including Semantic Models and Knowledge Graphs
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand client use cases for Bloomberg data, and develop new data models for financial data
- Work with internal stakeholders to add and update metadata
- Evaluate the verity of metadata, and ensure that clients can use it in conjunction with data
- Take responsibility for correcting issues with current metadata
You need to have:
- Understanding of financial data
- Experience in data or metadata modelling
- Ability to address multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Yearning to learn new technologies including RDF and Linked Data
We’d love to see:
- 3 plus years of experience at a financial services firm, fintech or a data provider
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in finance, computer science or related technical field
- Programming experience in python
- Experience with Bloomberg data
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.