Enterprise Data Modeler - Enterprise Platform
New York, NY
Posted Apr 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 102217
TMS (Transaction Management System) is the common data platform for all events spanning the trade lifecycle - from order management & analytics to post-trade activities & position keeping. This is an enterprise-wide initiative to re-architect from the ground-up how data is organized and managed for buy-side (AIM & PORT) and sell-side (TOMS). With TMS being at the heart of numerous critical systems and client workflows, our focus is two-fold: platform development (performance, scalability & sophistication) and platform maintainability (self-service, automation & simplicity). The platform consumes over twenty million events on a daily basis for hundreds of firms and is fast growing.
The team operates in an agile manner where everyone contributes ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team's time-to-market objectives. Our culture puts an emphasis on applying industry standard practices and tools to the problems we are solving and exploring technologies that facilitate superior analytics, data science and machine learning. Our varied backgrounds and experiences create a stimulating environment where innovation thrives. Everyone on the team is encouraged to try new things, to fail-fast and to work together in creating a positive, collaborative & motivating environment.
What’s in it for you?
Influence the evolution of our buy-side & sell-side businesses as they pivot to be more tech-centric. Lead the design & development of this next-gen enterprise data platform. Expand your network via cross-department projects. Gain exposure to open source cutting edge technologies. Put into action industry standard data architecture & modeling best practices. Work in a fast paced, dynamic & collaborative environment.
As senior data architect you will work closely with Product, Client Engineering towards building out data (business information) model coverage for business domains across Trading and Investment lifecycle. In doing so, you will participate in defining the target state data model strategy and roadmap, conduct functional and data analysis, profile data content, translate business needs into (requirements for) various types of data models (conceptual, business data model, message schema, semantic models, database model). You will author catalog glossary, data definitions, metadata and contribute towards implementing Data Management processes with Automation Engineering. You will also provide requisite input (access patterns, data volatility, privacy, NFR, etc.) for message and storage schema and also design test cases for model conformance.
You’ll need to have:
- Mastery in analyzing data and functionality for diverse enterprise-scale transactional, streaming and analytical style demands
- Data Design skills for organizing the data considering usability and engineering objectives
- Financial domain knowledge
- Data modeling and ontology methods for Conceptual, Logical modeling and familiar with design considerations for designing database and message schemas.
- You will be expected to define various facets of data models: business concepts/upper-level ontology, state-machine, associated entities, objects, relationships and properties, and vocabulary
- API Design skills based on Domain Driven Design, REST -style for elegant and performant APIs
- Define and manage architectural runway for enterprise data model, enterprise data stores/warehouse, and information management
- Research industry standards and best practices on data attribute and modeling requirements
- Ability to influence partners in governing data as an ‘asset’ and requisite management of its life cycle
- Evangelize the practice of data modeling/ontology design and metadata management as part of data lifecycle
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
We’d love to see:
- Various modeling styles (E/R, OO, RDF, OWL, etc.), and tool-set (ER Studio, PowerDesigner, Enterprise Architect, etc.)
- Conversant with Industry messaging, and ability to identify leverage depending upon context (FIX for Order, FpML for OTC Trade, ISO15022, SWIFT for Settlement and Asset Servicing, etc.) and model features (naming, enumeration, state machine, etc. Familiar with industry trends in Instrument symbology, CFI, etc.
- Expertise in Data Mesh/ Lake/ Data Warehouse design methodologies (dimensional modeling) and creation of canonical/organizational reference models
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel VBA; Hands on experience/fluency in SQL joins and ability to write simple to moderately complex SQL queries
- Definition and execution of the information management roadmap
0 Experience with source to target mapping, data transformation, and cloud technologies
Our success is driven by people who take pride in owning a product end-to-end, from design to deployment. We are looking for passionate, curious engineers with an appetite to tinker with interesting technologies and tools. We need team players that are eager to challenge themselves and their peers, growing themselves with the product.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com