Enterprise Data Product Manager: Real-Time Content
New York, NY
Posted Aug 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 84386
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn+ global business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply cannot operate.
Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the Role?
We are looking for an individual to help further the industry leading growth that our real time data and technology business is experiencing. Bloomberg Enterprise Data has a unique opportunity for a product manager focused on improving our real time suite of products (flagship product is the B-Pipe market data feed). The product manager will be responsible for developing new (and enhancing existing) datasets that fuel our clients’ front and middle office workflows. This includes helping to develop new strategies, define business requirements, and collaborate across teams (Engineering, Sales, Marketing, QA, Support, etc) to ensure timely and high quality delivery of new products or features.
We'll Trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the delivery of new products and features that will be used by leading capital markets firms
- Work alongside product managers and engineers to define, scope, and help solve highly complex problems in an agile environment
- Develop user stories and requirements that will lead to new products, new product features, or improve existing products
- Represent Bloomberg to our customers, prospects, and vendor partners
- Work with engineering and project managers to ensure proper completion of work
- Communicate changes to products via written collateral, meetings, and presentations
- Work with sales and client services teams to best position and support developed solutions
You'll need to have:
- Experience and/or desire to work with the front and middle office in financial markets with background in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, etc)
- Proficiency in programmatically utilizing financial data e.g Python, Java, C++
- Proficiency in managing dependencies and stakeholders to ensure a frictionless client experience
- Ability to distill technical concepts in understandable terms to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- High aptitude for Multi-tasking and solving complex problems
- Understanding that with high visibility comes high accountability
- Desire to be a part of a team but also work independently
- Willingness to learn and desire to continuously improve
- Ability to lead by example
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Prior work experience in the financial information industry with a practical experience delivering applications for the front office or enterprise
- Good understanding of the financial markets and different needs of the buy and sell side when dealing with systems and services in support of the trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of market data distribution and delivery to front office applications (ems, oms, risk, etc)
- Previous experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Proficiency with API’s, service oriented architectures, and being a part of a team that has designed/built enterprise applications
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.