Enterprise Data Sales Representative - Quant Data Sales
New York, NY
Posted Mar 25, 2020 - Requisition No. 82095
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and fast-growing. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1.4B business we are today. We collaborate closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique businesses while focusing on specific data and technology needs. We have an endless selection of data sets covering all asset types. We have multiple delivery technologies. This allows our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
What's the Role?
The Quant Data Sales team is a newly formed team within the Enterprise Data Sales division that sells to the Quant audience across sell-side and buy-side accounts. With the proliferation of automation, alternative data, and algorithmic trading within the investment space, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing part of our organization.
Quant Data Sales Representatives will be responsible for the sales and retention of our quantitative data and technology suite of offerings. This includes our real-time market data feeds, event driven and newsfeeds, alternative datasets, and NLP technology. To be successful, you will have a proven track record of B2B selling, collaboration with multiple internal departments, and proficiency in data and technology within the quantitative investment workflow.
- Develop and execute on sales strategy to drive annual sales and revenue targets for a defined territory
- Own the entire sales cycle from prospecting/lead generation to structuring, negotiating and closing deals
- Proactively identify new pipeline opportunities and accurately maintain sales forecasts
- Work in close partnership with internal stakeholders (sales, product, legal, etc) to drive business
- Build trusted relationships with quant-focused clients, as well as C-level executives, to acquire knowledge and understanding of their quantitative processes and data & technology stacks
- Navigate complex firms, identify stakeholders, and establish relevant relationships in order to motivate the sale
- Communicate data and technology solutions
- Proven track record of consultative selling in or to financial markets
- Deep understanding of quantitative workflows and investment processes
- Ability to establish key relationships within strategic quantitative investing accounts, including senior client relationships at C-levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated and target/quota driven
- BA/BS degree or equivalent – preferably with a focus on finance, data science, or mathematics
- Willingness for regular business travel
At a minimum, we require that you:
Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status