Enterprise Data Sales Representative - Quant Data Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Aug 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 93513
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and fast-growing. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1.9B business we are today. We collaborate closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique businesses while focusing on specific data and technology needs. We have an endless selection of data sets covering all asset types. We have multiple delivery technologies. This allows our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
What's the Role?
The Quant Data Specialist Sales team is a newly formed team within the Enterprise Data Sales division that sells to the Quant audience across sell-side and buy-side accounts. With the proliferation of automation, alternative data, and algorithmic trading within the investment space, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing part of our organization.
Quant Data Sales Representatives will be responsible for the sales and retention of our quantitative data and technology suite of offerings. This includes our real-time market data feeds, event driven and newsfeeds, alternative datasets, and NLP technology. To be successful, you will have a proven track record of B2B selling, collaboration with multiple internal departments, and proficiency in data and technology within the quantitative investment workflow.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and execute on sales strategy to drive annual sales and revenue targets for a defined territory
- Work efficiently in a collaborative selling environment while maximizing the resources available to achieve success
- Build and execute on sales strategies with other internal sales and account management groups
- Proactively identify new pipeline opportunities and accurately maintain sales forecasts
- Build and execute on sales strategies while collaborating with other internal sales and account management groups as required
- Build trusted relationships with quant-focused clients, as well as C-level executives, to acquire knowledge and understanding of their quantitative processes and data & technology stacks
- Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and on-site visits
- Ongoing education of customer technology stacks, workflows, internal structure, and industry trends
- Leverage your knowledge and skill set to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps, and recommend solutions; and deliver on revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals
We’ll need you to have:
- Experience in enterprise solutions selling in or to the financial markets
- In depth understanding of quantitative workflows and investment processes
- Strong track record in consultative selling
- Proven ability in accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Ability to establish key relationships within strategic quantitative investing accounts, including senior client relationships at C-levels
- Desire to continually learn and add new technical and selling skills
- Highly motivated and target/quota driven
- Willingness for regular business travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status