Enterprise Fundamentals Data Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Aug 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 93794
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business continues to be a market leader when it comes to providing enterprise content for the financial services industry. Our offering includes best-in-class enterprise data, and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, tools, and high touch client service model.
Research Data Team:
Our research data solutions complement our award-winning reference, pricing and alternative data products in bringing together a complete product suite that creates a compelling value proposition to research analysts across traditional fundamental analysis as well as systematic research in equities. This business is core to our growth strategy across Enterprise Data and our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
Our research data team is responsible for identifying, creating, and designing data solutions that leverage Bloomberg's proprietary data. This includes industry leading company fundamentals such as financial data, consensus and deep estimates, and models. We are expanding the team to ensure we provide best of breed solutions to clients.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to define how we make fundamentals content smarter within the largest financial data marketplace to drive client adoption and step change the business.
You are curious, creative and passionate of building best-in-class enterprise data products that solves client needs for fundamentals content. You stay current to the latest industry trend and enjoy listening to clients to understand their problems and challenges. You are well connected, love driving collaborations and are supported by people inside and outside of your team. You are quantitative minded and always use data & facts to guide your business decision. You constantly update your stakeholders & management to keep them informed and aligned. You are hungry for success, think outside of the box, and are not afraid of breaking things to continuously push the boundary forward.
We will trust you to:
- Define and articulate clear strategies, goals and initiatives that can deliver predefined business outcomes for the Company Fundamental products
- Understand client pain points, prioritize the products features that can drive the largest client impact
- Partner with Engineering, Support organization and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales on go-to-market strategies to promote the solution and continuously drive adoption
- Develop a strong relationship and maintain ongoing dialogue with a core group of clients to develop deep understanding of their use cases and collect signals on beta solutions
- Be the subject matter expert of the enterprise fundamentals data product, with deep understanding on its accessibility, usability, quality, tools and services available to clients that allow them to deepen their interaction and usage of our content
You’ll need to have:
- Direct hands on experience working with enterprise data products in equity fundamentals and related content from leading financial data providers
- Understand how enterprise clients identify, test, and evaluate financial datasets across vendors before making purchasing decisions and basic concepts of data pipelines including data lakes, data warehouses, ETL, normalization, linkage, etc.
- Proficient with statistics and data science techniques and tools such as Python, R, cloud computing, SQL
- Understand agile principles and have prior experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver projects and initiatives
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with an ability to distill complex topics and challenges into a succinct, easy to understand message and effectively present your business plan and updates to management or extended audience.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.