Enterprise Funds Data Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Dec 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 98387
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business continues to be a market leader when it comes to providing enterprise content for the financial services industry. Our offering includes best-in-class enterprise data, and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, tools, and high touch client service model.
Reference Data Team:
The Reference Data product offering is foundational and critical to the success of our Enterprise Content business. We have built a best-in-class data product offering that services client demand for completeness, timeliness and high-quality reference data. The business is core to our Enterprise Data offering with many data categories including, but not limited to, instrument and entity level reference data, terms and conditions, corporate actions, classifications and corporate structure data. Our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to define how we make Funds Reference Data content available within the largest financial data marketplace to drive client adoption and evolve the business. You will bring with you a deep understanding of fund market data, trading and operational workflows. You are curious, creative and passionate of building best-in-class enterprise data products that solves client needs for funds content. You stay current to the latest industry trend and build partnerships with clients to understand their problems and challenges. You will be responsible for documenting our target client challenges and needs, and then the design, prioritization and execution of a strategy and product rollout in collaboration with stakeholders. This will include defining product level and overall go-to-market and success metrics.
We will trust you to:
- Define and articulate clear strategies, goals and initiatives that drive predefined and clearly articulated business outcomes
- Display product management skills and effectively manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Partner with Engineering, Support organization and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Develop a strong relationship with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically solve their challenges
- Be the subject matter expert of the enterprise funds products, as well as the accessibility, usability, quality, tools and services available to clients that allow them to deepen their interaction and usage of our content
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote and attain our desired business outcomes and continuously drive adoption
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Enterprise Product Manager or related role
- A strong understanding of capital markets, preferably in a broad range of asset classes
- A deep understanding of public funds across ETF's and Mutual Funds including the use case for data including buy side, sell side and fund admins and custodians
- Experience in trading workflows or fund servicing preferred
- Strong relationships with industry associations and/or regulators preferred
- Direct hands on experience working with financial data products and related content from leading financial data providers
- Understand how enterprise clients identify, test, and evaluate financial datasets across vendors before making purchasing decisions and basic concepts of data pipelines including data lakes, data warehouses, ETL, normalization, linkage, etc.
- Proficient with statistics and data science techniques and tools such as Python, R, cloud computing, SQL preferred
- Understand agile principles and have prior experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver projects and initiatives
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.