Enterprise Portfolio Analytics Support Specialist, Enterprise Services - Bloomberg Financial Services
New York, NY
Posted Oct 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 110507
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Portfolio Analytics Support team is responsible for providing support to portfolio and risk managers who leverage Bloomberg’s Portfolio Enterprise Solutions. Bloomberg’s Portfolio and Risk Analytics platform provides customers the ability to analyze multi-asset portfolios, obtain a suite of derived analytics interactively and automate reporting for downstream systems. The Portfolio Analytics Support Team sits within the Buy Side Enterprise Support Team (B.E.S.T.) which also covers Buyside Operations and the AIM enterprise product.
What’s the role?
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the Portfolio Analytics Support Team. The Portfolio Analytics Support Specialist is a client facing role, liaising with portfolio managers, risk and performance analysts and back/middle-office professionals. This position demands strong problem solving skills complimented with solid interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Fixed Income analytics and Portfolio analysis is preferred. The daily workload will include providing superior customer service to our PORT Enterprise Clients, serving as a Product Advocate in a particular area as well as client account management.
We'll Trust You To:
- Develop a deep understanding of our portfolio product offering so that you are able to quickly assess the severity of an analytical issue with regards to impact on portfolio analysis and reporting
- Triage and troubleshoot issues, specifically related to Portfolio Risk & Attribution as well as analytics
- Build and maintain relationships with key PORT Enterprise clients as a point-of-contact
- Stakeholder manage internally with our Portfolio Implementations, Portfolio Sales, Product & engineering teams to improve the reliability of our Portfolio Analysis tools
- Keep up to date with market trends and understand the impact these trends have on our clients’ investment decisions & strategies
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated client issues
- Provide detailed feedback from clients to product managers to better improve our products
- Continually look for ways to improve workflows and partner with our Product Team to enhance the system to better the client experience
You'll Need To Have:
- 3+ years of experience working in Buy Side financial institutions or alternatively, experience in financial engineering
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate problems and provide solutions
- Understanding of Portfolio Risk & Attribution analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
We’d Love To See:
- The ambition to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively through to resolution
- The inclination and aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures
- The ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or positions. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg? https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does This Sound Like You?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 100,000 - 125,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus