Enterprise Product - TOMS Analytics Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 82052
Bloomberg Trade Order Management System (TOMS) is an industry leading, comprehensive fixed income solution for the trading community. Fixed Income markets have increasingly become electronic and require advanced analytic solutions to help manage the scale, speed and complexity. ETOMS is our electronic trading strategy and our aim is to be the global leader of Fixed Income Electronic trading solution.
We are looking for a Product Manager to help drive the analytics strategy building on Bloomberg’s market leading platform. You will help shape the next generation of intelligent trading tools that leverage data and drive automation. The analytics strategy spans across the TOMS and ETOMS product which spans the full range of relevant tools for traders such as BI, automation engines, price engine, quoting engine, model engine, RFQ ticket, auto-quoting, STP, hedging tools, smart order router, virtual market trading. Product managers will need to apply working knowledge of every aspect of electronic trading to define the analytic product vision and detailed specifications.
The Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Presenting the vision, value proposition, and development progress to senior Business Management
- Influence cross functional teams including: engineering, sales, account management, support
- Working collaboratively with other Product Managers to integrate analytic services across all relevant voice and electronic workflows
- Documenting clear functional specifications (including SLAs) for each phase of product development
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, to specification, and that all development milestones are met
- Expertise in Fixed Income workflows across voice and electronic trading
- Extensive experience managing complex projects and teams
- Extensive experience working directly with Fixed Income traders
- Asset class lifecycle expertise spanning Rates, Credit, FX, Derivatives
- Experience with trading business processes including Electronic Trading, Pricing, Risk, Trade Capture, Trade Lifecycle, Business Intelligence
- Highly motivated, consensus builder, collaborates well in a team
- Detail-oriented with solid analytic skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills including written, graphic and verbal
- Ability to engage senior technology staff both internally & externally
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks
- Intermediate level of proficiency on database frameworks, data pipelines and data analytic tools
- Skilled in SQL, BQL, BQNT or Python (BQL and BQNT preferred)
- Software development process (Agile methodology preferred)
- Fixed Income electronic trading systems and order management systems Project management (status, risks, issues, dependencies)
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.