Enterprise Resilience and Incident Management, Americas
New York, NY
Posted Dec 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 112127
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
As part of the Enterprise Resilience and Incident Management (ERIM) Team at Bloomberg, you will be a part of a global team working to ensure that Bloomberg is prepared and ready to manage incidents effectively, with the least amount of impact to our business, clients, or brand. We are seeking a trusted advisor for cross-functional teams throughout their ERIM planning lifecycle! You will manage incidents, lead business impact analyses (BIAs), facilitate continuity planning, verify plan effectiveness via exercises, analyze risks, and drive mitigation strategies.
In this role, you will take a specific responsibility in driving the outcomes and strategic initiatives of the expanding and maturing risk program in the business and applying its standards, operating models and guiding architectures into the ERIM program- guiding our ongoing implementation of a third - party tool to capture these changing requirements and expanding governance prerequisites. This future- proofing effort will be part of an expansion of the team’s risk efforts across the enterprise!
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive the implementation of our global policies, as well as the adoption of our new third-party Incident Management (IM)/Business Continuity Management (BCM) platform across the organization, which are designed to minimize impact to our businesses during disruptions.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to identify and assess threats and events that have the potential to escalate to life, safety, or operational impacting incidents.
- Manage impacts of physical incidents that pose a threat to standard business operations.
- Develop and manage incident communications throughout the incident management lifecycle, including the issuing of notifications via our emergency notification system (ENS) to relevant teams, impacted stakeholders and/or personnel.
- Contribute to all Business Continuity pillars including BCM system integration, BIA reviews, recovery capabilities risk assessments, and evaluating 3rd party key dependencies.
- Build & maintain strong relationships with business leaders to understand their evolving resilience needs, assist in the development and implementation of business continuity plans, and empower them with the tools necessary to make timely operational resilience decisions.
- Partner with enterprise Business Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, Chief Risk Officers, Internal Audit on resilience requirements.
- Track metrics and key performance indicators to demonstrate readiness, identify operational resilience gaps, and translate these data sets into technical requirements that drive Engineering-based enhancements of ERIM’s tools and systems.
- Develop and action IM/BCP trainings at all levels to include on-line courses, introductory training, testing of tools, table-top and simulation exercises, and manager forums as appropriate.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in crisis/ incident management and business continuity.
- Highly developed relationship management and partnership skills.
- Proven track record of leading projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
We’d love to see:
- Prior work experience in a large organization implementing global standards, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operational and technical infrastructure of financial firms and the financial markets.
- Usage and onboarding of incident management and business continuity management systems and tools.
- Experience in Scrum principles and a solid understanding of supporting tools such as Jira.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus