Enterprise Solutions Product Manager: Real-Time Technologies
New York, NY
Posted Nov 9, 2017 - Requisition No. 63205
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions?
Bloomberg's Enterprise Division is continuing its drive toward being best market data provider for the financial services industry by offering industry best content through a managed Platform that meets our customers' performance and cost of ownership needs.
What's the Role?
We are looking for an individual to help further the industry leading growth that our real time data and technology business is experiencing. Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions has a unique opportunity for a product manager focused on improving our real time suite of products (flagship product is the B-Pipe market data feed). The product manager will be responsible for helping to develop new strategies, define business requirements, and collaborate across teams (Engineering, Sales, Marketing, QA, Support, etc) to ensure timely and high quality delivery of new products or features.
We'll Trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the delivery of new products and features that will be used by leading capital markets firms
- Work alongside product managers and engineers to define, scope, and help solve highly complex problems in an agile environment
- Develop user stories and requirements that will lead to new products, new product features, or improve existing products
- Represent Bloomberg to our customers, prospects, and vendor partners
- Work with engineering and project managers to ensure proper completion of work
- Communicate changes to products via written collateral, meetings, and presentations
- Work with sales and client services teams to best position and support developed solutions
You'll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in a technology related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience and/or desire to work in the Financial Information industry delivering applications for the front office or enterprise
- Ability to distill technical concepts in understandable terms to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- High aptitude for Multi-tasking and solving complex problems
- Understanding that with high visibility comes high accountability
- Desire to be a part of a team but also work independently
- Willingness to learn and desire to continuously improve
- Ability to lead by example
We'd love to see:
- Prior work experience in the financial information industry with a practical experience delivering applications for the front office or enterprise
- Good understanding of the financial markets and different needs of the buy and sell side when dealing with systems and services in support of the trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of market data distribution and delivery to front office applications (ems, oms, risk, etc)
- Previous experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Proficiency with API’s, service oriented architectures, and being a part of a team that has designed/built enterprise applications
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.