Enterprise Technology - Technical Engagement Consultant
New York, NY
Posted Jul 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 92050
Who we are:
Bloomberg's Enterprise Technology business is responsible for developing custom system integration solutions between client/vendor systems and Bloomberg product offerings. The business continues to see rapid growth with a high demand from clients wishing to use our technical products and services for Enterprise Integration, Technical Delivery and Automated work-flow design. Typical pre-sales can include the use of a variety of different technologies, including but not limited to web services, MQ, SWIFT and FIX messaging and batch file transfers between systems. We allow capital markets clients to outsource their technology needs to Bloomberg in order to craft and support their automated workflows.
What's the role?
As a Technical Engagement Consultant, you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the Americas region. You'll join our team, responsible for technical strategy, consultation, multi-product workflow design and assisting traditional sales teams to engage with technology teams within Bloomberg's client base. Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products, collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions.
You should be familiar with MQ, FIX, iPaaS/Middleware and Web API technologies including the merits and demerits of each. While we require some level of technical experience, solution implementation and setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements. This role will interface internally with colleagues across a variety of sales teams within Bloomberg. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a shown proficiency and knowledge of technology driving the capital markets industry.
In addition, you should have a good understanding of both buys and sell-side workflows, including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management in our Financial Products businesses to further multi-product technical engagements and help drive new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and handle key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence to improve opportunities
- Coordinate the full enterprise sales process across a variety of various business units
- Build detailed schematics of our clients' environments across applications, data and technology
- Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and optimally position our products’ advantages
You'll need to have:
- A technology background, with experience across: FIX, XML, MQ, Web API’s, Data Transformation
- Capital Markets knowledge with basic understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
- Solid grasp of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Highly proactive approach and confidence in sales approach and strategy
- Superb communication and presentation skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.