Enterprise Technology Sales (Sell-Side)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 1, 2020 - Requisition No. 82254
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1B business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique businesses while focusing on specific data and technology needs. We have an endless selection of data sets covering all asset types. We also have multiple technologies to deliver this data. This allows our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
Firms that commit to utilizing only the highest-quality data can eliminate data inconsistencies inherent in working with multiple vendors and lower their overall costs. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them consistent data throughout their firm, which is a strategic advantage.
What's the role?
Enterprise Technology Sales covering sell-side accounts in the Americas that includes the largest bulge bracket banks in the world, regional broker dealers, and sophisticated market making shops. This role puts you at the forefront of a growing business that has consistently achieved double-digit sales growth year over year. You will be responsible for sales to new and existing clients, retention of our technology suite of offerings, driving new opportunity, and performing at a highly competitive level. Our portfolio of solutions includes our BPIPE real-time market data feeds, our SAPI groupware solutions, Platform services and myriad content sets accessed via the native Bloomberg API.
Tech Sales reps will work directly with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, workflow challenges, and goals so that we can provide consultative solutions that address business purpose, add a high level of value, and solidify us as a trusted partner. This is a consultative selling role that values industry insights and strategic, senior relationships.
This highly collaborative role expects you to be a problem solver and have a macro understanding of the flow of real-time market data around a financial organization, specifically sell-side banks and broker/dealers. You will need to manage interactions with senior traders and salespeople, COOs, eTrading heads, CTOs, CDOs, data scientists, technology heads, and developers with gravitas and agility. You will demonstrate and effectively communicate how high quality market data delivered via managed solutions can help lower TCO, maximize ROI, and solve business challenges.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive annual sales and revenue targets for a defined territory
- Effectively manage a virtual team across the organization to sell and deliver fit for purpose solutions
- Be able to work efficiently in a collaborative selling environment while maximizing the resources available to achieve success
- Build and execute on sales strategies with other internal sales and account management groups and team up to win opportunities
- Assist Enterprise Sales members across the organization on learning how to identify technical sales opportunities
- Effectively build a sales pipeline and accurately manage forecasts throughout the sales cycle
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate sales team and technical resources where necessary
- Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and on-site visits
- Maintain and continually educate oneself to have strong product knowledge of the full Technical Solutions suite, its integration points with other Bloomberg products, and competitor/3rd party offerings
- Ongoing knowledge acquisition of customer technology stacks, workflows, internal structure, and industry trends
- Leverage your knowledge and skill set to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps, and recommend solutions; and deliver on revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals
You'll need to have:
- Experience in enterprise solutions selling in or to the financial markets
- In depth understanding of our sell-side customer's business
- Strong track record in consultative selling
- Proven ability in accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Skilled in establishing, developing and maintaining key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships at CxO levels
- Familiarity with real-time market data feeds and market data distribution platforms is desirable
- Desire to continually learn and add new technical and selling skills
- Willingness for regular business travel
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/?utm_source=bloomberg-menu&bbgsum=DG-WS-09-13-ES-bbgmenu
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status