Enterprise Technology Sales Specialist - Buyside
New York, NY
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 103823
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - A $1.9+ billion global business that is fast paced, innovative and expanding. We partner closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique businesses while focusing on how our data offerings can propel them to further success.
Firms that commit to utilizing our award winning market data platforms can eliminate inconsistencies prevalent when working with multiple vendors. This approach often lends to a lower total cost of ownership. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them consistent data throughout their firm, which is a strategic advantage.
What's the role?
The Enterprise Technology Sales Specialist role consists of managing the sales process from early design to contractual execution of Bloomberg's growing real-time data and technology solutions. In collaboration with other sales teams, the sales specialist interacts with our largest global banks and Investment Managers around the world, while managing sales engagements and growing future business.
Our portfolio of solutions includes BPIPE, which is our flagship real-time market data feed, as well as our SAPI groupware solution, and additional Platform API micro services that enhance client workflows in conjunction with the Bloomberg terminal.
Tech Sales Specialists work directly with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of business needs, workflow challenges, and goals to provide consultative solutions that solidify us as a trusted partner. As a specialist, the role requires understanding industry insights and using them to build strategic, senior relationships.
With solutions deployed on-premise, in co-location, or in public cloud environments, a Tech Sales Rep's knowledge of cloud-based solutions, hybrid environments, and cloud-native APIs and services are critical to success. Along with this knowledge, the ability to communicate about these complex topics with agility and finesse is a must.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive annual sales and direct revenue targets for a defined territory
- Effectively manage internal partners and sales teams to sell and deliver fit for purpose solutions
- Work efficiently in a collaborative selling environment while maximizing the resources available to achieve success
- Build and execute on sales strategies with other internal sales and account management groups and team up to win opportunities
- Assist Enterprise Sales members across the organization on learning how to identify technical sales opportunities
- Effectively build a sales pipeline and accurately manage forecasts throughout the sales cycle
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate sales team and technical resources where necessary
- Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and on-site visits
- Maintain and continually educate oneself to have strong product knowledge of the full Technical Solutions suite, its integration points with other Bloomberg products, and competitor/3rd party offerings
- Ongoing knowledge acquisition of customer technology stacks, workflows, internal structure, and industry trends
You'll need to have:
- Experience in enterprise solutions selling to Financial Institutions
- Strong track record in consultative selling
- Proven ability in accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Skilled in establishing, developing and maintaining key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships at CxO levels
- Familiarity with real-time market data feeds and market data distribution platforms is desirable
- Desire to continually learn and add new technical and selling skills
- Willingness for regular business travel
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic sales environment
_ In depth knowledge of trading workflow, E-trading platforms and related market data is preferable
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status