Equities Data Analyst/Operate Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Feb 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 100562
Equities Data Analysts primary responsibility is to support and maintain the third party datasets across BI, BI Pharma and ESG as part of the Third Party Data delivery to clients. BI datasets comprise of a variety of datasets across multiple different industries including transportation and insurance. Pharma datasets relate to drug names, molecules and pricing. ESG datasets cover third party data scoring. The role works closely with the Engineering and Technical Data Analysts to support the delivery of ETL pipelines and ensure the data in production is top quality. Our focus is on data acquisition, processing, validation and storage. We’re constantly innovating to create better, more efficient systems to handle the huge variety of data we acquire and deliver to our clients. We have strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Engineering and utilize this network to achieve results. There are a lot of growth opportunities for more tenured technical positions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and support the ETL third party delivery pipeline, identifying areas that can be improved.
- Troubleshoot issues, and provide clear root cause analysis and clear communication on outages
- Identify areas for quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Provide customer support for internal users of Bloomberg data across Product and Data teams.
- Identify and implement improvements in the ETL process and dashboards in the terminal
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our pipelines and dashboards.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilize statistics and data visualizations skills to report on on-going operations to management
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, or relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming/scripting languages
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to work under pressure in a frequently changing environment.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.