Equities Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jun 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 104316
Equities Data Analysts’ primary responsibility is to support and maintain the third party datasets primarily for GFANZ (Global Net Zero) but also for Bloomberg Intelligence including Pharm, as part of the Third Party Data delivery to clients. The role works closely with the Engineering and Technical Data Analysts to support the delivery of ETL pipelines and ensure the data in production is top quality. Our focus is on data acquisition, processing, validation and storage. We’re constantly innovating to create better, more efficient systems to handle the huge variety of data we acquire and deliver to our clients. We have strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Engineering and utilize this network to achieve results. There are a lot of growth opportunities for more tenured technical positions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and support the ETL third party delivery pipeline, identifying areas that can be improved.
- Troubleshoot issues, and provide clear root cause analysis and clear communication on outages
- Identify areas for quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Provide customer support for internal users of Bloomberg data across Product and Data teams.
- Identify and implement improvements in the ETL process and dashboards in the terminal
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our pipelines and dashboards.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilize statistics and data visualizations skills to report on on-going operations to management
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, or relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development
- Legal Authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming/scripting languages
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to work under pressure in a frequently changing environment.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.