New York, NY
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113212
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
We are looking for a reporter to join our US equities team in New York to help expand and enhance our coverage of the macro side of the world’s largest stock market. Candidates should be able to break news and write definitive, daily trend stories that identify and analyze trends in the world’s biggest equity market. The candidates also should be able to produce longer-form features, interviews and enterprise stories that help Bloomberg readers across platforms understand what just happened – and what’s coming next.
WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO:
- Explore logic behind the stock-market’s behavior
- Explain what Wall Street strategists, traders and asset managers are thinking about equities positioning
- Build sources that bring fresh voices and perspectives to our coverage
- Write longer enterprise stories examining big picture stock-market issues for weekend features, BusinessWeek magazine and other Bloomberg platforms
- Contribute to existing coverage of equity capital markets issues, options trading and the intersection of economics and stock-market moves
- Uncover trading cues from various corners of the market to reveal how traders and investors are positioning for future events
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 4+ years of financial journalism experience
- An extensive knowledge of broad stock-market machinations and the triggers that cause investors to buy and sell
- A strong writing ability, with the knack for explaining complex ideas in clear, compelling language
- The savvy to spot stories where others may not see them
- A desire to keep learning and build new areas of expertise
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus