Equity Automation Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Nov 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 96611
The Equity Automation Services team writes and releases software designed to ease the pain of writing and releasing software. If the infrastructure doesn’t work the way we need it to, we solve that problem through code. We build on top of what we build to amplify and enable our fellow engineers.
We’re looking for someone to join our passionate team of engineers. You will design, build and support tools, systems and workflows to manage a large infrastructure within Bloomberg that is actively used by over 30 teams in development and production. This includes a deployment pipeline, provisioning framework, reporting and analysis system and capacity management and planning. We interface with all of engineering!
You’ll continuously improve your knowledge of programming languages and frameworks through practical application. You’ll do this using Open Source Software, APIs provided by other infrastructure teams and our own custom libraries and services to create an extremely customizable and scalable software development and deployment orchestration platform.
What's in it for you?
You’ll work together with a tight-knit team of passionate engineers with a drive to make things work. More specifically, you’ll:
- Have an ongoing dialog with over 30 teams in our department and others, discover what is stopping them from being effective, then write dynamic, efficient solutions
- Experiment with and evaluate new technologies within our ecosystem to find and publish best practices through presentations and POCs, also help to apply those practices with teams
- Seek out and eliminate technical debt
- Proactively improve our existing system, helping to build out the environment we want for ourselves as well as our peers
You'll Need to Have:
Along with an entrepreneurial spirit, proactive POV and a creative problem-solving drive, these skills are a great fit:
- This role requires excellent programming skills and significant experience with languages like C++, Python and Java. We will also consider equivalent experience with other languages
- Experience in a senior position: Demonstrating the ability to follow a problem through to a desired goal, making enhancements and adapting to fit the stated need, as the requirements and environment evolve over time
- Creative problem-solving skills: The ability to think beyond the basics when there isn’t time for a more methodical approach
- Communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate and build relationships across multiple teams as a crucial path to success
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.