Equity Trade Automation Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 101359
Trading Automation & Analytics (TAA) is a relatively new cross-asset product team that exists within the Bloomberg Enterprise Trading Solutions (ETS) group.
TAAs core mission is twofold. Firstly design, build and deploy class leading products that enable our trading clients to automate their activity on our venue and routing businesses. Secondly to use data to support and develop new decision support tools that can enhance the ability of execution traders.
The team looks after Bloomberg Rule Builder (RBLD) across all asset classes, Direct Order Routing (DOR), Broker Wheel as well numerous analytic functions relied upon by thousands of clients across the global daily (e.g. TCA, AVAT, VWAP/TWAP, CBBT…).
What is the role?
Working within a high performance team as a product manager designing and building out new products to enhance our automation and decisions support capabilities specifically in the listed markets.
We are fortunate enough to have some of the largest asset managers and hedge funds in the world as partners in this space a well being at the forefront of trade execution innovation.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership and drive the strategy and product development for your area.
- Work very closely with other internal teams – specifically EMS and Venues business – in order to realise our ambitions.
- Integrate with additional internal services, where appropriate to optimize workflow and increase revenue generation opportunities for the firms.
- Effectively manage the product specification, prioritization and backlog.
- Work seamlessly with our experienced engineers on product milestones.
- Work with senior sales and marketing leadership to derive an overall business strategy and drive growth
- Have a strong appreciation for sensitives of using data to develop new analytical capabilities.
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and development status with key stakeholders.
- Lead multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed.
- Follow technology trends and developments in the electronic trading and automation space.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Product Management within capital markets software.
- Ability to work well across multiple teams, lead and influence others.
- Strong analytical ability – any experience to Python, R or advanced Excel would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze competing platforms and make strategic decisions based on overall market trends.
- Must be a client facing product manager and must have the ability to attend strategic sales meetings and explain product road-map and platforms to clients.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You should be comfortable presenting to a large audience.
- Solid understanding on the mechanics of trading equities
- Comfortable with occasional travelling.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.