Event Data and Systems Strategist
New York, NY
Posted Dec 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 80318
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, informs important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for.
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver integrated and disruptive multi-disciplinary programs that capture attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
Marketing’s Global Event Team is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner with our businesses and stakeholders globally to deliver events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg story. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time, and achieve the strongest outcomes.
We are seeking an Event Data and Systems Strategist to manage the day-to-day execution of our event data management plan and aligning system/technology initiatives. In this global role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the overall value of data, and the functionality that governs it within our in-house event management system - the Bloomberg Global Event Tool (BGET) - as well as supporting the end users who rely on it. You will be based in New York and part of the Global Event Programs Team, which is responsible for the overall discovery, design and development of programs, tools, process, metrics and reporting to enable events globally.
We will trust you to:
Partner with our subject matter experts to promptly and continually gain a deep understanding of the event data that matters to us and our strategy for managing it
Collaborate with Global Event Team’s leadership and Engineering to learn the functionality and event data flow in our internal systems and external technology platforms
Frequently monitor & enhance the integrity of our Bloomberg Global Event Tool data by reviewing/aggregating system reports and working with colleagues globally to correct issues, support data entry needs, etc.
Regularly maintain, update and disseminate a data dictionary and user guides for end users company-wide, as well as provide trainings/day-to-day consultation
Collaborate with Engineering to define, prioritize, test and implement system changes aligned to our data management strategy when needed
Independently seek and maintain a functional understanding of the end-to-end global event process and apply knowledge to data management and system development
Build a rock solid network of subject matter experts across the Global Event Team (GET) and our internal partners who support events -- both acting as a central resource for their day-to-day needs and training them to be advocates & on-the-ground support for local event data management and systems priorities.
Act as a global BGET super user and administrator - centrally governing system access as well as the dissemination of event data in line with company-wide policy, risk and security procedures, business directives, global event requirements, etc.
Prepare and disseminate custom data reports for internal and business partners collaborating with GET on priority initiatives; develop faster, more efficient ways to manage known requests proactively
Handle special projects/tasks when needed
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related subjects preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in corporate events in a client-facing role including a responsibility for event data and systems/technology management
- Confirmed aptitude in data management (including but not limited to governance and integrity standards/best practices,) and product management (partnering with engineering teams, Agile planning, etc.)
- Superior Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills including pivots, vlookups and data scrubbing
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment
- Expertise in relationship management and building partnerships with cross-functional teams and colleagues in other regions
- ”Do-it-all” attitude with ability to take on large and small tasks, and produce focused, high quality work under pressure; entrepreneurial spirit and mindset to make things happen
- Strong communication skills and calm approach that fosters collaboration across regions and teams
- Articulate, polished and able to present to all levels of management.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status