Exchange Market Data Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 81680
Bloomberg is seeking a driven, self-motivated and detail oriented Team Leader to join the Americas Exchange Market Data Team. The Exchange Market Data Team is primarily responsible for the management of the EIS function which is one of the most run by Bloomberg customers. Additionally, the team will review and maintain the Exchange approvals customer database; handle all steps involved in the process of the real-time data enablement; interface with customers to address questions concerning exchanges listed on the EIS page; liaison with other business departments for the introduction of new exchange products onto the Bloomberg system; working with our Global Data and Programming teams to determine pricing, content and implementation.
The incumbent will have great leadership skills, be able to make effective decisions, be proactive and demonstrate an outstanding approach to customer service. The Exchange Market Data Team Leader will also have excellent communication and presentation skills and be able to positively influence people in order to deliver results. Predisposition for technical matters, problem solving and strategic thinking are also essential qualities. The Exchange Market Data Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the team is quickly and accurately addressing our clients’ inquiries while meeting productivity and quality targets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage a team of Exchange Market Data Coordinators to exceed expectations on metrics
- Lead by example in advocating the importance of customer service, and guide the team accordingly
- Providing leadership and support to all team members, including career development and performance management
- Develop each team member’s knowledge, skills and talent through careful coaching, targeted training and constructive feedback
- Strengthen existing partnerships and build new ones with stakeholders from other departments
- Foster an environment with strong knowledgeable, independent individuals that support teamwork and global collaboration
- Collaborate closely with R&D and counterparties in other offices to drive projects and maintain cross-regional operations
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding process
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Tenacious and creative problem solving skills - Display confidence, emotional intelligence, and decisiveness
- Ability to work independently, be able to prioritize time-sensitive tasks, and be able to make effective decisions
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to solve customer inquiries
- Previous experience in a leadership role is preferable but not mandatory
We’d love to see:
- Solid time management and multi-tasking ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior experience in managing a team
- Exchange operational knowledge
- Sound Understanding of the Financial Markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.