Exchanges - Americas Manager
New York, NY
Posted Oct 23, 2018 - Requisition No. 71434
Our Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) sits within Global Data and is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchange Data & Business, Product Management, Contracts and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it is imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
Exchange market data is the bread and butter of the financial markets. The Exchange Data group is responsible for on-boarding and maintaining this complex latency sensitive market data, and for providing a stable and reliable service. We are subject matter experts in how Bloomberg presents Exchange data content to all internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead our Exchange Data & Business (EDB) team in the Americas. Reporting to the global manager in New York, you will play a pivotal role in defining the strategic direction of our exchanges product in the Americas. You will work closely with multiple engineering teams and Bloomberg clients while liaising with various internal departments to achieve targets and improve the product as a whole. Based in New York, you will manage a team of Product Owners (PO) and Technical Project Managers (TPM). You and your team will work closely with the EDB Data Modeling (DM) and Content Analyst (CA) teams on a daily basis. In addition to day-to-day leadership support, you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and training the team. You will coordinate talent development efforts with global counterparts and promote shared best practices.
In order to achieve our shared goal of providing and stable and reliable exchange data, our team tackles various projects and initiatives driven by both the Exchanges and Bloomberg. Our Product Owners seek to enhance the existing market data setup, and add new products and data sets as needed. The team gathers and analyses project requirements, and manages prioritization whilst carrying out multiple initiatives concurrently. The Product Owners closely collaborate with our Technical Project Managers, who act as the conduit between engineering and the business. The TPMs communicate business requirements with internal stakeholders in the projects, and work closely with development teams throughout sprint cycles. As a team, our success is contingent upon effective collaboration and maintaining strong relationships with both the exchanges and our internal businesses.
This is where you come in. You are an exemplary collaborator, and a highly motivated and experienced people manager who has a proven track record of defining and executing strategies. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the Exchange Data team in the Americas. You’ll need to be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where your department is heading and how you’re going to get there together.
- Evaluate and monitor the success of your team against regional and global metrics, while setting and maintaining budgets and business plans.
- Manage, mentor, develop and challenge a group of experienced and motivated individuals with varied skill sets- all with their own unique opportunities, challenges, and business goals.
- Plan and execute your business strategy by working closely with the other key stakeholders in the Americas and across the globe. You’ll need to be able drive your own region’s agenda, while ensuring that this aligns with the wider goals of the department and company.
- Deeply understand the demands of our clients and the market conditions in which they operate.
- Working hand-in-hand with managers from other internal groups, you will harness your team’s expertise in Exchange content, data and technology to ensure that we continually exceed the expectations our customers have of Bloomberg.
You’ll need to have:
- Five or more years of experience managing and developing people whilst consistently achieving business objectives.
- Strong knowledge of the Exchange/Market Data environment from a product, relationship and technology standpoint.
- Strong understanding of exchange data feeds, including data models and protocols, used by exchanges globally to deliver their market data.
- Demonstrated customer service, negotiation, and relationship building skills while executing projects in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of real-time Market Data feeds.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape in which Bloomberg operates, along with comprehensive knowledge of financial products and the ways in which our clients consume data.
- The vision to align your department’s goals to the fast-changing landscape of real-time market data, reference data and technology, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which responds dynamically to the ever-evolving needs of the market.
- Ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Experience using Qlik, JIRA, or other workflow tools.
- Experience working directly with Exchanges and closely with development teams.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.