New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 121540
In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for an experienced podcast producer to work on an ambitious daily podcast focused on the economy, the world, and enterprise business news. The Executive Producer will work on this show in collaboration with a larger audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. They will work under the guidance of the Head of Podcasts. This role will be project based, and there will be opportunity to work across other shows in the Bloomberg Podcast portfolio. This opening is for a producer candidate with at minimum 10+ years of experience on reported, narrative shows.
- Overseeing a franchise team directing Podcast’s business news coverage daily
- Creative directing the franchise including news coverage, story selection, staffing on stories, episode format, guest selection, audio quality
- Having a pulse on the biggest stories in business news and general news on a daily basis to make the call on the biggest stories of the week
- Collaborating with the wider Bloomberg Newsroom on episode participation and story selection working closely with key newsroom stakeholders
- Generate and solicit daily story ideas in collaboration with the broader newsroom slate
- Greenlighting pitches for episodes and guesting ideas
- Managing a group of hosts, and supporting staff on how to work with the hosts editorially during an interview
- Managing producers who will produce the episodes day-to-day including overseeing and providing notes and direction on their tasks from logging tape, pulling archival, syncing, and cutting interviews, fact checking, episode assembly, and tracking
- Story editing individual episodes, while training and overseeing senior producers who can support in this capacity
- Guide and instruct sound engineering and sound design as an overall theme for the franchise in addition to specific episode needs
- Manage an ambitious production schedule across the franchise keeping show staff accountable to reporting, editing and production deadlines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a newsroom environment or on projects with rigorous journalistic ethics.
- Excellent news judgment
- Sharp editorial ear
- Reporting experience in addition to experience with production tasks.
- Experience with field, remote and in-studio production
- Demonstrated interest in covering business news
- Experience using Descript, Audition, Trello and Google Docs. Proficiency in editing software is required.
- Any direct experience in Sound engineering, Sound Design, and Story Editing is a plus
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 200,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus