Experienced Interaction Designer: Mobile and Desktop
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2018 - Requisition No. 71493
Bloomberg's UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to crafting valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers. We transform complex data and workflow processes into intuitive products that truly meet our customers where they are.
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced Interaction Designer, primarily to join a small team of user-centered designers and engineers helping Bloomberg Philanthropies to deliver on a broad reaching and high impact digital project.
You’ll be part of a larger User Experience Design team comprised of interaction designers, visual designers, researchers, prototypers, data scientists and technical writers. We anticipate you will be working on other projects from any part of the Bloomberg organization, as the business needs evolve. This will inevitably involve solving complex problems for our modern Bloomberg Financial Products. The platform can include native mobile, responsive web or designing for Bloomberg’s proprietary desktop solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop concepts from idea to final design by using a broad designer toolkit, from sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes to design prototypes, and detailed wireframe specs for platforms such as iOS and Android but from time to time, also responsive web and desktop software.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, user workflow and task modeling, mobile interaction design, information architecture design, conceptual design, standard methodologies in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
- Quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas and rationale
- Present and build confidence around design artifacts such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications.
- Mentor and inspire newer members of the team.
You’ll need to have:
- An Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field. A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years’ UX design experience including 3+ years' experience designing native apps for phones and tablets with expertise in platform standards for iOS and Android.
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- A track record of applying common User-Centred Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience in leading design projects.
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Proto.io or Invision.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, embedded in cross-functional teams building releasable software.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Experience working on Philanthropic projects with cultural institutions and/or the Financial Domain.
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. We would like to see artifacts such as: sketches, site maps, task flows, wireframes, storyboards etc. We are most interested in seeing in-depth wireframes, (preferably a deck) illustrating a step-by-step user workflow.
Please include a link or attachment with two (2) projects (with at least one being native mobile) when you apply. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Bloomberg any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any another individual or entity.
Apply if you think we’re a good match and we’ll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out these links:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.