Experienced Interaction Designer: Mobile and Desktop
New York, NY
Posted Mar 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 74414
At Bloomberg, we are committed to creating meaningful user experiences for our customers by transforming complex data and workflow processes into intuitive products.
Bloomberg’s UX Team has an immediate opening for a Senior Interaction Designer to join a small team of designers, engineers and researchers in working on an exciting, ambitious and high-impact new digital initiative sponsored by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
You’ll be part of a larger UX organization — comprised of interaction designers, visual designers, researchers, prototypers, data scientists and technical writers — that is highly valued and well positioned at the firm. In addition to supporting the Bloomberg Philanthropies initiative, you’ll work on other projects from across the Bloomberg organization, which might involve designing for native mobile, web, or Bloomberg’s iconic desktop Terminal.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop concepts to final implementable design for iOS, Android, responsive web or desktop software. We look to you to select the techniques or artifacts most appropriate for the deliverable, which may include a mix of: sketches, personas, user scenarios, wireframes, or design prototypes
- Present and build confidence in the rationale behind your design artifacts.
- Collaborate with and assist other members on the team.
You’ll need to have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field
- 7+ years’ UX design experience
- Experience in information architecture and designing complex user workflows
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience in leading design projects
- Highly proficient in design tools like Sketch, OmniGraffle, InVision, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, embedded in cross-functional teams building releasable software
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on Philanthropic projects with cultural institutions or work in the Financial Domain.
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools like Proto.io or Invision.
- Hands-on knowledge of design for native mobile (iOS or Android).
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. Please include a link or attachment with two (2) projects comprising in-depth wireframes, illustrating the step-by-step interactions that comprise a user workflow, complete with annotations.
If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.