Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic community of people, news and innovative ideas. To grow and foster this unique and global network we need to energize and educate the business people who rely on Bloomberg for its market moving news, information and analytics wherever they are -- which is where you come in.
Our Corporate Communications team tailors and disseminates the message Bloomberg sends to the marketplace, our clients and employees. Are you a creative thinker who can simultaneously execute a variety of communications initiatives -- from content creation to engaging with reporters and analysts? Do you have a track record in communications and a passion to promote the people and products that move markets? Are you a highly organized, process and detail-oriented team player who also thinks outside the box? Do you understand that a well-executed project requires collaboration across departments and time zones? If you're proactive and can work independently, then we should talk about this role!
What’s the role?
You will have the unique opportunity to work with our Global Communications department to support external corporate and product-level communications as a member of the Financial Products Communications team in New York.
In this role, we'll trust you with:
- Project management, including maintaining the global team communications calendar
- Execution of strategic communications campaigns, including developing messaging, producing high-quality content, and handling distribution across internal and external channels
- Media and industry analyst outreach, including pitching and facilitating briefings and inquiries
- Internal awareness campaign coordination, including editing weekly “in the news” newsletter and compiling ad-hoc coverage reports and case studies for stakeholders and the management committee
- Production and updating of internal and external communications assets including spokesperson bios, briefing documents, company/solution fact sheets and briefing presentations
- Building and maintaining media and advocacy lists, including overseeing related agency activities
- Coordinating team meetings and spokesperson trainings
- Internal distribution of industry research and research calendars
- Maintaining team activity and coverage tracking tools and collaboration platforms
- Developing and reporting Media and Analyst relations impact metrics, collaborating with cross-functional teams and PR agencies
- Promoting the adoption of communications best practices, innovations, and standards
- Management of analyst firm and publication subscriptions and accounts, including purchasing, relationship management and ensuring return on investment
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project management expertise, superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a marketing, analyst relations, media relations or communications function, either in-house or agency
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability
- Distinctive proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accustomed to "open door" office setting
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media a plus
- Proficiency in graphic or visual design a plus
- Knowledge of (and real passion for) the global financial markets and technology trends is a plus but not required.
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we believe you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg” www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status