FA - Quantitative Engineer - ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 97294
ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) refers to the three broad categories used in evaluating the sustainability and associated potential financial performance of a company. With a changing world and a growing generation of socially responsible investors, ESG data and research analytics are increasingly crucial for our clients -- by providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. By better understanding ESG factors such as climate change, regulatory pressures, importance of human capital and diversity, clients can gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market. Bloomberg Impact report https://www.bloomberg.com/impact highlights how Bloomberg is pioneering the way in ESG.
To address these challenges and to grow this initiative, Bloomberg is looking to expand the ESG quantitative engineering team to work closely with a diverse set of groups including ESG product, ESG quant research, ESG data, and ESG engineering team to build new ESG scoring and related data-intensive products. As investor interest in ESG continues to increase, with the market for ESG data expected to swell to $2.54 billion by 2031, the team has a great opportunity to innovate and build a suite of products for our clients. We are looking for candidates passionate about the opportunities to develop and deploy quantitative solutions geared towards sustainable finance on Bloomberg platforms. As Bloomberg continues to expand the breadth and complexity of ESG datasets it ingests, we are constantly faced with challenges around advancing the quantitative solutions to keep them efficient, scalable, and operational. We like to roll up our sleeves, collaborate seamlessly and deliver solutions to Bloomberg’s diverse client base.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design proprietary ESG methodologies, in collaboration with ESG quant research, and enhance them into real-world design suitable for deployment on Bloomberg platforms
- Work closely with ESG engineering team to implement and deploy solutions compatible with the capabilities and limitations of the engineering infrastructure
- Build model validation, back-testing, and testing procedures for ESG solutions across multiple themes and sectors
- Write and maintain production quality code and systems
- Communicate clearly through meetings and presentations within the team as well as with other collaborating groups
You’ll need to have:
- 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis techniques including statistical analysis and machine learning over diverse data sources
- Intuitive understanding of model features and their connection with real-world client needs, and ability to convey this understanding to non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn from new research in sustainable finance and investing
- Graduate degree in applied quantitative field such as Statistics, Engineering or Quantitative Finance
- Experience in at least one modern programming language such as Python, C++, Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Statistics, Engineering or Quantitative Finance or relevant experience in the technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with production quality software development life cycle and practices
- Background and/or experience in ESG domain
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.