FA - Senior Software Engineer - Port Foundation Services
New York, NY
Posted Jun 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 91612
Interested in working on high performance backend infrastructure powering the Bloomberg Terminal’s most critical applications? Look no further!
Our product, Bloomberg's Portfolio & Risk Analytics offering, is an industry leading enterprise analytics solution that empowers the most prominent players in the financial world to make critical investment decisions in managing portfolios worth billions of dollars. Those decisions go on to move markets worth trillions. If you’re looking for an opportunity to leave your technical mark in a domain with truly global impact on the financial markets, this team and these challenges are for you!
What's in it for you?
We are looking for motivated individuals who can help us with projects aimed at solving a range of big-data, distributed queuing, data-mining, publishing challenges and / or contribute towards business projects covering a wide set of financial instruments. We not only provide a unique opportunity to learn and grow in purely technical aspects of building large scale enterprise applications, but also the option to build financial domain expertise, for those who are more financially inclined.
We'll trust you to:
- Build creative solutions to scale our infrastructure to meet the ever increasing demands of our geographically distributed high profile clients
- Drive medium to large scale projects involving cross team collaboration, working closely with business and other engineering stakeholders.
- Move fast and thoughtfully while being proactive in ensuring system stability and performance.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of large scale systems architecture
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining a large code base, using version control systems and collaborations tools like git, phabricator, etc
- Working knowledge of unix / linux
- Familiarity with technologies like Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic Search, Redis, etc
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.