FA - Senior Software Engineer - Portfolio Analytics, Front-End
New York, NY
Posted Jul 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 92686
Bloomberg Portfolio Analytics (or PORT) empowers the most prominent players in the financial world to manage their portfolios, assess exposures, and make decisions that move the financial markets. Our flagship product on the Bloomberg Professional service is a critical tool used daily by money managers, mutual funds, hedge funds, and pension funds around the world.
Each of the application teams that we are currently hiring for in PORT comes with exciting and complex challenges to solve.
1. PORT Interactive Analytics - Responsible for the front end framework within the PORT stack. We provide the means for gathering, assembling and visually representing the full suite of PORT analytics within the Bloomberg terminal. We integrate with various other internal teams to allow clients to seamlessly manage their portfolios, run reports, and consume data.
2. HPA Interactive - One of the main features within PORT is Performance Attribution. The goal of performance attribution is to explain to our clients WHY their portfolio has outperformed or underperformed against a benchmark. This flexible system employs multiple different models and strategies to provide our clients with various breakdowns of data with the ultimate goal of providing invaluable insight into what is driving the performance of their portfolios. Our team focuses on providing the best UI experience to the sophisticated users of Portfolio Performance Attribution analytics.
Who are you?
A developer with interest in scalable architectures and who enjoys working closely with business and clients, and loves the challenge of transforming the current system!
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle and collaborate with the team on design and implementation
- Partner with clients and other developers to design, build and roll-out solutions that will optimize client workflows
- Explore new technologies both within and outside of Bloomberg to determine if they can help make our products run faster, increase stability, etc.
- Embrace working together as a team – mentoring and learning from their existing teammates to break knowledge silos and ensure that our team is producing reliable, well documented and well understood products for our clients
You will need to have:
- 3+ years of experience covering the full software development life cycle
- Interest in working in a client facing application team
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
Interest in identifying and building intuitive client workflows
Enthusiasm for building cutting edge systems
Experience in end-to-end software engineering project management
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/engineering-experienced-hire-application-process/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.