FA - Senior Software Engineer - Portfolio Enterprise Reporting
New York, NY
Posted May 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 90522
Do you want to be part of the team that visualizes billions of data points to empower almost every major financial institution to make informed decisions on their portfolios? The Portfolio Enterprise Reporting team is responsible for developing the platform that translates terabytes of data into analytical reports. Currently we have hundreds of Fixed Income enterprise clients and are aggressively expanding to Equity products to become a multi-asset reporting platform.
Our platform is a distributed system that runs on a sophisticated orchestration framework across hundreds of machines. As an enterprise reporting software engineer, you will work on some challenging problems including:
- Performance Optimization: you will improve system performance and expand capacity with the goal to double the throughput every year to meet our fast growing client base
- Architecture Design: you will design and develop modular and extensible software that can handle diverse workflows as our system needs to support large variation of report types and clients configurations while continuously evolving to support better and more advanced ways of presenting our analytics.
- Resource Management and Scalability: the platform is built on top of a large number of components and the reporting load is highly spike-intensive. You will tackle challenging resource management and scalability problems to protect various components while pushing for maximum throughput.
This is an opportunity to join a unique diverse team that deeply cares about proper software design, clean code, and testing. You will tackle sophisticated problems alongside some of the brightest engineers and product managers, who will challenge your ideas and push your engineering skills to the next level.
Our system is full-stack with Python3.9 and C++ 17 as the primary programming languages. We use distributed storage such as Apache Solr, CEPH and Bloomberg Cloud Storage. We also use tools like Jenkins, Docker, and Cucumber for CI/CD.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle, including technical design, implementation and project management
- Work directly with product owners to build applications that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Collaborate on designing and building high-quality, scalable and maintainable systems
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Passion for writing high quality software and desire to learn
- An interest in the financial domain
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Preferred experience in Python or C++, but we welcome candidates with more experience using other programming languages
- The grit necessary to see your innovative ideas become a reality and make an impact
- Interest in understanding our complex products and processes and have a passion for pushing boundaries with technology
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.