FPKG Senior E-Learning Content Developer
New York, NY
Posted Nov 27, 2019 - Requisition No. 79969
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
The Financial Products Knowledge Group is responsible for building and delivering thoughtful training programs that support the execution of the Bloomberg strategy across our Financial Products business.
What’s the role?
You will join the team as the lead university content developer within FPKG reporting into the local regional TL and the Global Head of the Financial Products Group. Your focus will be on designing, developing, and maintaining materials for our university education business. You’ll be responsible for the design and development of online videos and engaging/impactful e-learning programs, and you’ll have a knack for creating engaging and rich content. You'll have a deep understanding of what excellent user experience looks like and your project management skills will be top notch.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and develop e-Learning courses or other learning media with vendors and/or independently
- Develop online learning materials with text, graphics, pictures, audio, video, interactive games, assessments, and simulations
- Develop other educational products to supplement university curricula
- Test on-line learning content to ensure proper functionality
- Maintain existing online courses - developing and implementing content and programming changes
- Contribute to testing new learning technologies and tools
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent project planning/management skills
- Ability to operate independently
- Background in learning, training, instructional design, or university teaching
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Experience scripting with and distilling content from subject matter experts
- Experience writing quality test questions
- Ability to manage vendor relationships, expectations, and workload
- Skilled in: E-learning authoring tools, virtual classroom technologies, MS Office products, instructional design, and technical writing
We’d love to see:
- Background in finance strongly preferred
- Background in educational technology
- Familiar with and uses experiential modalities of e-learning software
- Knowledge of video editing software (Camtasia, Premier) and of e-learning software (Storyline, Kaltura)
- Experience working with vendors to integrate and deploy custom developed courseware in our environment.
- Experience uploading to and problem solving issues with an LMS
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.