Bloomberg L.P. is hiring an analyst to assist with expansion of its fertilizer industry research. Our growing suite of products includes unbiased and regular supply/demand projections for specific markets, custom studies for the industry’s leading participants and interactive forums where leaders connect.
What's in it for you:
As a Research Analyst, you would expand upon this solid foundation, be part of a growing global research team and responsible for providing monthly, quarterly, and annual research reports. You would interact with our news staff to offer your view on how events affect global markets.
You would also be responsible for maintaining and updating comprehensive multiyear supply and demand projections, and presenting these at major industry events.
We'll trust you to:
- Create and manage partnerships with key external market professionals, including clients and prospects, and major industry and trade groups to identify additional commercial opportunities
- Conduct market survey strategies to develop primary, proprietary market data
- Acquire key secondary market data through available sources such as trade associations, conference presentations, corporate publications, etc.
- Conceptualize, construct and maintain global commodity supply/demand models across the main fertilizer nutrients
- Publish syndicated research, with well-justified forecasts, on a regular basis and market these via phone calls, in-person meetings, and online chat
- Conduct single-client market research projects as needed
- Deliver research presentations at Bloomberg events and third-party seminars
- Help to extend the brand, team and skills into new related areas
You need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of commodities research experience including exposure to operational metrics specific to the agricultural chemicals industry
- Knowledge of advanced analytical and modeling skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects requiring frequent publication schedules including next day turnaround on month end index research and analysis
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills
- Marketing or business development experience
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player
- A working knowledge of our Bloomberg Professional Service
We'd love to see:
- Market analyst experience on behalf of producers or financial industry participants
- CFA designation, MBA degree, and/or graduate educational experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.