Financial Analyst - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted May 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 116200
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We're looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Electronic Trading platform Finance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work in a fast paced organization and handle sensitive company information with discretion.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the financial reporting, analysis, and planning process within the business units of the Electronic Trading platform
- Assist in developing and refining commercial models used to price a diverse set of enterprise product clients across the Electronic Trading industry
- Use data analysis to actively identify new and innovative ways to track business performance, and suggest additional ideas for drivers and removing obstacles in our delivery
- Building strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to help coordinate the semi-annual reporting of the product, sales and business strategies to the management committee
- Reviewing and presenting regular financial results packages for management; preparing the financial forecasts/targets for the annual operating plans and updating the financial forecasts throughout the year, along with monitoring historical revenue and expense trends
- Providing executive level communication (both written and oral) to business heads and product managers on the financial results, performance vs. targets, and insights on key variances on a regular basis, including but not limited to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Client Profitability metrics
- Participating, on an ongoing basis, in special project requests directly from the Management Committee and Senior Management
- Liaising with Controller and other parties to ensure accurate and timely production and distribution of financial statements
- Identifying opportunities to drive efficiency in internal processes
You'll need to have:
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within the Electronic Trading business units
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience in financial services, preferably in a role with financial modeling, planning, reporting and analysis
- Ability to work with large amount of data, while succinctly summarizing conclusions for management
- Knowledge/experience of financial markets
- Demonstrated competency with advanced Excel modeling and large datasets
- Proficiency in SAP or similar systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 115,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus