Financial Analyst - Enterprise Services - Finance and Administration
New York, NY
Posted Apr 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 115635
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We are looking for a strong Financial Analyst to support multiple businesses in the Enterprise Services division which focuses on the full enterprise client lifecycle with Bloomberg. Reporting to the Team Lead, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, and possess excellent technical and financial acumen.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the consolidated reporting, analysis, and business planning across the Enterprise Services division
- Provide a broad range of financial, operational, and transactional needs to finance leadership and business partners
- Review financials to ensure accounting integrity and perform research and reconciliation as needed
- Support the shared services cost allocation model by enhancing the collection, calculation, and overall data stewardship and management of the process
- Assist in gathering and refining data sets to help drive efficiency and effectiveness in work products
- Help maintain underlining data and structural integrity in various systems to ensure reporting quality
- Help identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of processes and controls, and implement improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Continually develop and evolve on insightful reporting and analytics
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization on various deliverables
You’ll need to have:
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within the Enterprise Services business units
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- Strong quantitative and data manipulation skills with excellent use of common applications such as MS, Tableau, Power BI, etc. is preferred
- Ability to work with detailed and disparate data sets and succinctly translate in a simple, effective manner
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 115,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus