Financial Analyst Team Lead - Electronic Trading
New York, NY
Posted Nov 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 97708
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We're looking for a Team Leader to support multiple business units which develop tools to support electronic trading in Equities, Listed, Futures and Options markets. Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to work in a fast paced organization, and handle sensitive Company information with discretion.
We'll trust you to:
- Own the core FP&A and financial reporting activities across various business units within the Electronic Trading industry
- Direct a team responsible for analyzing and deriving financial targets as part of the annual operating plan process for business units within the constantly evolving Electronic Trading industry
- Own the development of new commercial (e.g. pricing) models across multiple product offerings based on market research, client feedback and product knowledge as well as perform regular back testing of commercial models and incorporate insights into future revisions of these models
- Build positive relationships across many cross-functional teams and be passionate about partnering with members of product, sales and operations teams
- Independently prepare and present financial results versus targets and prior periods, while highlighting key drivers of variances and business trends across a portfolio of a diverse set of products
- Provide executive level communication to business heads and product managers related to financial results, performance vs. targets, and insights on key variances on a regular basis, including but not limited to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Client Profitability metrics
- Develop meaningful and practical analysis in partnership with your business counterparts related to headcount and expenses with a keen focus on identifying efficiencies and driving growth in profitability
- Lead the oversight and review of the team’s work product to ensure accuracy and completeness of material produced by the team
- Work directly with the Controllership and the Regulatory CFO groups to ensure accurate and timely creation of financial statements for consumption by internal and external partners
- Lead the team, on an ongoing basis, to complete special project requests directly from the -Management Committee and Senior Management
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in finance roles, including directly supporting a business
- Experience partnering with business leadership to assist in commercial, strategic, and business decision making
- A passion for using strong quantitative and data manipulation skills to solve sophisticated problems
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge/experience of financial markets, specifically in electronic trading
- Demonstrated proficiency with sophisticated Excel modelling and large datasets
- Flexibility to work in a fast-moving environment
- Teammate with ability to deal with changing priorities
- Proficiency in SAP or similar systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.