Financial Analyst Team Lead - Regulatory
New York, NY
Posted Nov 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 98091
The pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, the energy of a newsroom; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We're looking for a Team Lead supporting the Bloomberg Regulatory Reporting Services business. Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work in a fast paced organization and handle sensitive Company information with discretion.
We'll trust you to:
- Own the financial reporting, analysis, and planning process within the Fixed Income & FX business units of the Electronic Trading platform
- Operate as an effective strategic advisor to the business
- Assist in developing and refining commercial models used to price a diverse set of clients and products
- Use data analysis to actively identify new and innovative ways to track business performance, and suggest additional ideas for drivers and removing obstacles in our delivery
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to help coordinate the semi-annual reporting of the product, sales and business strategies to the management committee
- Review and present regular financial results packages for management
- Prepare the financial forecasts/targets for the annual operating plans and updating the financial forecasts throughout the year, along with supervising historical revenue and expense trends
- Provide executive level communication (both written and oral) to business heads and product managers on the financial results, performance vs. targets, and insights on key variances on a regular basis, including but not limited to Key Performance Indicators and Client Profitability metrics
- Participate, on an ongoing basis, in special project requests directly from the Management Committee and Senior Management
- Collaborate closely with Controller and other parties to ensure accurate and timely production and distribution of financial documents
- Find opportunities to drive efficiency in internal processes
- Manage a senior financial analyst
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in financial services, with at least 3 years in a role with financial modeling, planning, reporting and analysis experience
- Ability to work with large amount of data, while succinctly summarizing conclusions for management
- Proven competency with sophisticated Excel modeling and large datasets
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks are required
- Flexibility to work in a fast-moving environment
- Experience partnering with business leadership to assist in business decision making
- Great teammate with ability to deal with changing priorities
- Proficiency in SAP or similar systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.