Financial Analyst Team Lead
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 96385
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. The Human Resources CFO Team is responsible for all aspects of financial planning, analysis and reporting of operating expenses & business metrics, and provides a unique opportunity to work on special projects for senior stakeholders, that have a direct impact on the entire organization.
As a Team Lead supporting the Bloomberg Technology Services and Solutions (TS&S) organization, you will be a player-coach that leads a team of financial analysts while working hands to set the example for the team. You will lead the planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, multi-year planning, monthly financial consolidations, analytics, headcount management, allocations, metric reporting, capital budget process and supporting strategic projects for the TS&S organization. You will report directly to the CFO of TS&S and serve as a strategic partner to the leadership of the department.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Lead the planning, budgeting, and forecasting, workforce management, and monthly financial consolidation process for the TS&S function
- Drive the analytic efforts related to business-driven strategic initiatives
- Lead, coach and develop a team of analysts
- Develop a strong relationship with the Corporate Finance team to ensure a seamless monthly close and budget/forecast process
- Lead the allocations process by partnering with the client and business finance teams
- Be a strategic advisor to the TS&S business and leadership
- Drive the TS&S capital process which includes building a strong partnership with the corporate capital team
- Proactively identify and implement planning and reporting improvements
- Drive initiatives designed to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies
You’ll Need to Have:
- 10+ years of overall experience including demonstrated experience as an analyst in a corporate environment partnering with client teams to drive commercial outcomes
- A degree in Accounting or Finance
- Extensive analytical, financial modeling, and Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets, projects or process change, as well as understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting standards
- A client service mindset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effective project management skills
We’d Love to See:
- Prior experience in people management
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.